Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where Is Jesus?

Since my return from the Walk to Emmaus, I have been pondering the question...where is Jesus? My thoughts are on the state of our economy, the pending election and the deteriorating state of the church. Where can one find Jesus in the midst of all of this?

It is painfully obvious to me that many men and women have become afraid of speaking the name of Jesus and some even find it offensive! I was speaking with a friend wo told me that his mentor said that he used the word...JESUS...too much and it might be seen as offensive. OFFENSIVE! The only people who might find the name of Jesus offensive are those who do not know Him, refuse to know Him, or do not love Him.

What is sad is that this person is supposed to be a "guardian" of the church. It seems to me that Satan as gained more than a foothold in the church..sometimes I wonder if we invite him in! We invite him in when we surrender to the ways and words of the world. Some of these things are political correctness, making people feel good, and refusing to speak truth no matter what.

I refuse to not speak the truth...and political corectness as no place in my vocabulary. SIN is SIN, and if we choose not to point out to our brothers and sisters where they are falling, we are helping them to pave their road to hell! We need men and women to stand up...put on the armor of Christianity, and FIGHT for the truth. We must make a stand...for if we do not stand for something, we will fall for anything. God help us...we have begun to slip and will fall if we don't fix our eyes on Jesus...if we can find Him?!

No comments: