Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I've Fallen and I CAN'T GET UP!

This past Sunday, I got the nerve to move a glass-top desk all by myself because I wanted to put the finishing touches on my office. Well...I wrenched my back and have been in pain for three days!

Someone suggested that I lay flat on the floor with my legs propped up on the sofa. This, they said, would help relieve any pain. Well, it did until I decided to get up. It took me almost 6 minutes just to get myslef to a sitting position...all the while I was in tears and pain.

Now many of my friends would tell you that I am a whiner...maybe so! But I will tell them and you that it felt like I had a fork twisting round and round in my lower back as one would twirl spaghetti. Not fun!

So to all who read this...here is so practical advice.

1. ASK FOR HELP
2. OWN A HEATING PAD
3. DON'T WHINE...cause people won't believe you when it is serious!
4. NEVER PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF - or don't want to be in for a significant amount of time!
and
5. NEVER TAKE FREE ADVICE...its free for a reason! (hint...hint)

I've fallen and can't get up...HELP!

No comments: