Saturday, April 24, 2010

99 - double digits

Yesterday was a milestone day for me! Not only was it the 100 day marker, but it was also the day all of my visa paperwork went to the Czech Embassy in D.C. WHEW...what a relief! This may seem a bit over-the-top, but that process was scary and nerve-wracking. As my mom said, it is in God's hands...it is His will that I serve and He will take care of all the little details. (THANKS MOM!!!)

This is a weekend that I have been looking forward to for quite some time now. I got to hang out with my friend Rebekah (the best seeing eye friend in the world!) and tomorrow I get to spend some time with one of my boys...all my boys are special, and I look forward to spending time with each one of them. Homework seems to be under control, and the weekend will be a relaxing and memorable one.

The last few days, God has been speaking to me about love. In John 21:15-17, I hear God reminding me of my call...a call to love Him. As the day for departure approaches, I hope and pray that my love for God will increase and grow deep because it will be that love which sustains all else I ddo. Something that strikes me as interesting is that the Great Commandment (to love) appears chronologically before the Great Commission (to go). This is something we all need to be aware of...that without a love relationship with God, all our efforts are for not. This scripture is so special to me because it exemplifies the way God called me. You see, God called me with love to Himself. He reminded me of the great love He had for me and grew me in love to the point of my calling into ministry..."Feed My Sheep!"

As I sit here, on day 99, I am in deep prayer that I have been faithful to this call...it is a humble and awe-filled call, and I have approached it in a like manner. I am not perfect...and I pray that God sanctifies all my imperfections and makes me perfect in love. It is my earnest desire to be an ambassador of love! So let me say, "I LOVE YOU!" Whether I have known you for a day, a month, a year, or years...I love you so much! This may be hard to understand, but it is out of the abundant love of God from which this love flows. Over the next 99 days, I hope that we may fellowship in this love. I always remember, God loves you and so do I!

Lord, on this the 99th day, may I be an ambassador of your love! Help me to always seek your will and share your love. O Heavenly Father, thank you for your almighty and everlasting love! Keep me bound by thy love and may we all come to know your love for us! AMEN!

No comments: