Sunday, April 25, 2010

You Are Mine - 98

It is Sunday...the Lord's day! I am so excited about worship this morning...a friend of mine is coming to church with me! It is going to be a great day!

This morning, I woke up with the worrds of Isaiah 43:1 in my heart..."You are mine!" This is both comforting and humbling. It is comforting to know that I belong to God. No matter what this world says or does...no matter what hurts or pains I may face...no matter where I am in this world, I belong to God! My family taught this to me from the time I was a young boy, but it took some time for me to come to understand what this truth meant. I am a child of God who has been fearfully and wonderfully made in His image, and I am a citizen of Heaveen. This is also humbling because I am a sinner...how can I be worthy of being posessed by God? This too is something that has taken tiome for me to understand. Out of the rich love of God, Christ came to the cross and diedd for me to make me worthy...to make me His!

As my deeparture for Prague draws ever closer, I cling to those words. My friend Nicholas said to me the other day thatit was alright for me to be so emotional because I was leaving my family, my friends, everything I have known for almost three decades. While there are days I grieve this thought, I still remember that I am never alone. I am a part of the family of God...a family which spans borders and languages. I am His!

Are you His? Do feel those words of comfort rush through you? Trust me, there is nothing more comforting than to know you belong to God!

Father, I praise you for your mighty acts in creation and in my life! Help me to cling to being yours above all else...hold me in the palm of your hand. AMEN!

No comments: