Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 94 - A Word from God

So day 94 begins with me still amazed by what God did last night!

Last night in my Spiritual Warfare class, I was feeling so discouraged about support raising. I know that God is providing, but there are moments when it seems so far from done. At any rate, the professor said that we should pray for a word from the Lord, that perhaps someone was in need of encouragement. I prayed, as he prayeed, for that word of encouragement...pleading with the Lord for just a word. Then, 20 minutes before class was over, my phone went off with an email from TeachBeyond (my sending agency). It was the weekly newsletter from Mike Koerber. At the top of it in BOLD type were these words, "And my God will supply all your needs through His riches in Christ" (Philippians 4:19). Once I read these words, I began to weep with the peace of God covering me. While I am still deeply motivated to raise support, I was reminded who is in charge of this support-raising campaign...Jehovah Jirah (God the Provider).

Let me encourage you to ask God for a word of joy, peace, encouragement, help, and or love. He is faithful!

Lord, I thank you for your provision! Help me to hold fast to You and Your Word this day and always! AMEN.

No comments: