Sunday, January 7, 2007

Going where no Blind Boy has gone before

Well yesterday, I discovered that the old blind boy has it in him to scale the highest heights and trek when no blind boy has treked before! Yes, that is right...I, Ben Bowman, hiked the Wadi Qilt!

This is no mere hike...at least to me. There were parts where death was inches away and absolutely NO handrails...not quite ADA approved, but I did it! I had a God moment when my prof told me he was proud of me. See, no man outside my grandpa has ever told me that. For Dr. Stone to say that he was proud of me for completing this feat was something that my soul needed to hear.

Being in the land of Benjamin was quite amazing...being in a land where many of the event of the Bible occured was quite humbling. My namesake mau have been the least among the tribes, but he held an important tract of land. It reminds me of the verse where the last shall be first and the first last. I promise that in a few days that I will be more spiritual, but for now, let me say that Benjamin rocks!

Who knew that a blind kid would hike the Wadi Qilt and see the land where God made Himself flesh!

AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Ken Schenck said...

Kudos on your accomplishment!