Thursday, January 11, 2007

Odds and Ends

What do you call the white boy floating in the Dead Sea?
SALT!

I have learned not to ask the emphatic question..."ew, what is that?" when the waitress is still in earshot.

I know, I know, I have the power to scare little children pick-pockets!

Why is it no one in Israel looks like me? I thought that Jesus was caucasian!

Why is it that no one has a hard time keeping track of me on this trip through Israel? I do not know, but do the words "sore thumb" come to mind?

Why does the toilet paper here look like kleenex?

I have learned that ADA DOES NOT exist in Israel! I don't think they even know that combination of letters.

Pedestrians have NO right of way...we are target practice for taxi drivers!

Who really wants to go out the Dung Gate? I mean really???

I now know that lemons and oranges MUST BE scarce in the MIDDLE EAST. A cup of lemonade was selling for 25 shekels (about 6 dollors) at the Dead Sea. Do I look crazy?

Finally, the word "NO" in Bethlehem means, "sure go on and stick your hand in my pocket and rob me blind."

These were written in a late state of mind. I hope to post more along the way! ENJOY!!!

No comments: