Monday, January 22, 2007

The rocks of History

So, I know that I haven't written in a while...no internet means no blogging! However, I want to tell you that I have been in the Galilee for four days and have gain so many insights about Jesus' ministry. More importantly, I have remembered that when I am looking at these "rocks," I am looking at the lives represented in them!

The ruins of these early sites aren't merely rocks. They are representative of the men and women who lived and died there! They represent the history of the families and people who lied there, ruled, there, and conquered there. These rocks are history! I can say that I was in awe to see what some saw as rocks as standing testaments to people long gone.

Then I got to thinking about what will my "standing testament" be for future generations. And it hit me! My standing testament will be my devotion to God passed down through the generations of my family! I do not need to build some monument that others will one day visit...All I need is Jesus!

Being in the Holy Land has helped me figure this out. It was wonderful being in the places that our fathers and mothers of faith walked, but Jesus is everywhere. He walks the streets where we walk in Lexington or elsewhere! There it is...my ROCK of history:Jesus. He is all I need!

No comments: