Thursday, January 11, 2007

I AM JERUSALEM

OK, I know this may sound corney but I am beginning to feel this way. Let me explain. The comment was made the other day that people were trusting a blind kid to get them through the Old City. I was able to do this without the aid of a map! What a concept!!! Then, on our way to the bus (post sickness), Dr. Stone said that I was Jerusalem. Immediately we quoted the line from the movie Kingdom of Heaven where the king of Jerusalem proclaims this! I do not claim to have the city so familliar that I know every street, but it is becoming my temporary home.

This gets better! As I climbed Masada (which by the way, I was not last and did it in a little more than 13 minutes...WOW!) Stone again proclaimed that I was Masada. Now this may seem silly to some, but it is becoming somewhat of a truth and motivator for me! Conquering such cities and sites is a big deal! I have never done most of this outdoorsy stuff and haven't died yet! YEAH!!! Being given the feeling that I conquered something that has scared others is a boost in my self-confidence.

My epitaph is going to read...

BENJAMIN ROBERT BOWMAN
King of Jerusalem
Conquerer of the Wadi Qilt
Ruler of Masada
Tamer of the Dead Sea
Master of the Nahal David
Slayer of Sepphoris
Commander of Mt. Carmel
Ruler of Petra
Scurge of Har Ben Tal
and
Lover of God and His Holy Land

In other words...I am proud of what I am doing and thank God for the ability to do it!

No comments: