Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 69 - The Days of Selah!

Over the weekend, I experienced the joy and sorrow of graduation for seminary. It is hard to believe the culmination of four years has come and gone, and now I begin the task of preparing to move to Prague! It was good to see friends and family on Saturday as I reflected on my seminary career and to reflect on memories of the past years.

On Saturday, President Teennett said that we were living a day of Selah. No one really knows what Selah means, though it appears in the Psalms many times. Some believe that it is pause for reflection and deep thought on what had been said prior. This seems to be true. These days are the days of Selah for me. There are so many memories to recount...I do not know where to begin. Throughout the next days, I will be packing up my house...I can not think that this will be easy!

As I think of the past, I also have developed a list of things I want to do before I leave for Prague...though there are many things I want to do...these are just a few...
1. Eat at Dairy Yum Yum with Charlie
2. Have mom's homemade lasagna and lemon pie
3. Eat at Tumbleweed with Marty
4. Play paintball with the Chrysalis Boys
5. Watch the Matrix with Chance
6. Coffeemate with the Chrysalis Boys
7. Hang with all my Lexington friends
8. Say "I Love You" more
9. Spend time with the Heislers eating fish
10. Make every moment with every person I love matter!

Lord, thank you for the gracious blessing of Selah moments! Help me to live, laugh, and love as I reflect on one chapter closing and another opening. AMEEN!

No comments: