Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 74 - Hangin in Houstonville

Since Saturday evening, I have been in Houstonville, KY house-sitting for my buddy Ken! It has been a blast...visiting with friends, eating some yummy food (THANKS Tracy!!!), and relaxing on these last days before graduation. i HAVEN'T SLEPT IN PAST 9AM IN i DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG...it is nice!

Recently, I have been reading through the book of Daniel...one of my favorite Old Testament books. I have been pondering what it means to live a life of integrity in the present-day Babylon in which we all live. It seems to me that the world tries to entise us with beauty, name-brand stuff, and easy words. Sometimes it is hard to hear the truth, so we ignore it because we are comfortable where we are. I woke up this morning very uncomfortable...uncomfortable with where I am. I want to grow deeper...I want even more of God and will stop at nothing to get more of Him. Daniel has gotten me fired up...I am daring to be a man of integrity in this present-day Babylon.

I also had a great phone conversation with my friend Ginny this morning. We were preping thngs for camp this summer. For some reason, I just began weeping (Yes...I lose man points Robert and Chance!). I just felp my heart aching. You see, I have begun to prepare myself mentally and emotionally to leave for Prague, but as much as you prepare, things just happen! I know I have said this time and again, but I will miss all of you so desperately and deeply. Each one of you has had a profound impact on my life. Ginny reminded me of the people who God has prepared in Prague for me...and that is good to know that God has a plan. When one person leaves, another comes along. Yet, my heart aches. I am excited, nervous, sad, and humbled all at the same time, and I think that this is the mix of emotions which accompanies doing the will of God.

As day 74 matches on, I am going to cling to the hope that I will never be alone! And I know that, in some form or fashion, I will see, or speak to, all of you from Prague!

God, I thank you for your presence in my life...that presence which will never leave nor foresake me! Keep me ever growing deeper with you! Bless all my loved ones...they are so precious to me! AMEN!

No comments: