Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 79 - Wesley Chapel

Last night, I had the opportunity to see some dear friends and former parishoners from Wesley Chapel! We went out to the OUTBACK for supper and had the privilege of sharing memories and catching up with one another. I was overcome with a flood of memories and thought I would share some with you today.

1. Anna Gayle (our pianist) killed a snake! YES A SNAKE!!! there was a snake behind a piece of duct tape which held the mic cord down. She crushed it quite literally with her heel!

2. The EATING - boy did we love to eat! Whether it was at Bill's Diner or around the tables at the church, we always had a good meal and warm fellowship. The first Wesley Chapel cooking I tasted was Dorothy Teater's creamed lima beans...YUM!

3. The Chickens! Roy, Junior, and I went visiting once and found ourselves at the home of a man who raises "fighting roosters" as a hobby. I do not like chickens...unless it is cooked and on my plate! Now you have to understand that Junior is considerably shorter than me, however, I used him as a shield to protect me from these chickens and almost knocked him down running to the car when two of the chickens jumped into the air and began clawing at each other. Iknow...I am a wimp!

4. The frosty sunrise service - April 2009 prooved to be a cold April for KY. This is not the best for pastors who plan outdoor sunrise services, with metal chairs, at 7am! Needless to say, it was the shortest sunrise service I have ever been to and there were blankets galore!

5. ALL THE LESSONS - yes, I learned so much from the wonderful people at Wesley Chapel. I learned Scriptures, life lessons, and yes love for all! I can not thank God enough for these memories! I charish them deeply!



LORD, thank you for yet another day to remember...remember Wesley Chapel! Bless your Church this day and always! AMEEN!

No comments: