Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 83 - A great cloud of witnesses

It is hard to believe that it is day 83...or for Kathy and some it is day 813!

On friday, I experienced what Hebrews 12:1-3 describes as the "great cloud of witnesses!" I had the opportunity to share with the Lexington Emmaus Community about my call into missions and my coming service in Prague! It was an emotional evening...for me and for them. This may sound strange, but in my sharing, I could feel the comfort of my mom, grandparents who were in Indiana, and my great grandparents who are in Glory! I was experiencing the witnesses who were literally before me, and those who had gone before me. It was an awesome expeerience!

Thoiugh I am going to be so very far away, I am going to be amidst this cloud of witnesses because, as believers, we are all part of the Body of Christ. This is the comfort to which I cling in the moments of sadness...and I prray that it comforts you too! I sang a song that night (which I was told I am not allowed to sing again because it is sad), but I want to share it with you here. As you here it, think about the great cloud of witnesses which have born witness to the marvelous love of God in your life! May it be a blessing to think on such things!



LORD, I thank you for the great cloud of witnesses with which you have blessed me! I pray that others may see and come to know that there is a cloud hanging around them also! May I be a Kingdom witness today! AMEN!

No comments: