Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 82 - The Hills of life

So today, I had breakfast with Fred and Patricia Walsh...a good time was had by all. After breakfast, I went to their house to see pictures of their time in Prague...it is a beautiful city! I noticed some different elevations and asked, "Is the city hilly?' To which they both said an emphatic yes!This got me thinking about all the hills in my life...hills which I have climbed with the help of God. Some of these are literal and some are figurative...but they all represent what God has done and where He has brought me. I will name a couple here...

First, and most obvious, is the hill created by my disability. This has been one big hill with many small lifts and dips along the way. It has been a struggle to live life at times. I have never been able to do certain things and have experienced the pain of exclusion repeatedly. There were days when I could do nothing but cry because of the hurt and struggle I was facing on a daily basis! However, God held me and carried me through these times...it was by His strength that I was able, and am able, to overcome! Knowing this, there is no hill I have to fear...all I have to do is trust the Lord!

Second, I have literally faced the hills which make up the Holy Land. I climbed and climbed...in fact, I renamed Jerusalem...A CITY OF UP! This was quite an accomplishment for me...seeing as I am blind. There is nothing in this world I cannot overcome with God's strength and help! (well...let's just say that I won't be climbing Mt. Everest anytime soon!)

Now I have yet another hill to climb...the hill which leads me closer to the heart of God and into His will. This hill...like the others...will not be easy to climb, but I do not have to climb it alone! God is with me! And as I sit here and think, it is nothing like the hill which Christ climbed on my behalf...Mt. Calvary! It is because of this hill that I can face all the others without fear and trepidation!

So as I live in DAY 82, I am mindfulof the hills God has helped me climb and I give thanks for the hill which He climbed for my sake!

LORD, help me to grow in your grace as I climb the hills of life! I thank you for your strength which has undergirded me in this journey! I praise your name!!! AMEN!

No comments: