Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 90 - Listening to God

The rain has finally stopped, and Noah is unloading his ark! It is a beautiful 90th day here in Kentucky! I have spent the morning in reflective listening. My mentor and pastor, Chris Howlett, reminded me in his sermon yesterday that I must listen as part of communicating with God!

But even as he spoke, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him.” (Matthew 17:5) It is hard to listen with my mouth open. Yes, Jesus want to hear from us, but he also wants us to hear from him. Therefore, we must listen...we must be still. I confess that I have not always done this. But as I prepare to take this step of faith in moving to Prague, I find myself listening more and more. Trust is built when two people speak to AND listen to one another. Will you listen to Jesus today?

It is hard to believe that I am at the 3 month mark! It seems like yesterday when God began this grand adventure into missionary service! So many memories have come flooding over me; I will definitely share them in the days and weeks ahead. But today, I thought it might be fun to ask you to share a memory or two of me and you? Share all you would like. It can be funny, serious, a quote, or anything!

Lord, as day 90 begins, help me to listen to You! Give me gracious words tempered with your truth...and help me represent the Word made flesh! AMEN!

2 comments:

The Circuit Writer said...

Remember that time I put sardines in your heater?

How about the time I put green habanero sauce in your salsa?

Or the time you threw fire crackers at me when I was sitting on the toilet!

Jillian said...

goodness gracious there are so many! ... harassing ed, watching spaceballs... the whole michael jackson/marijuana thing (that might be my favorite! lol)