Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 81 - An Unexpected Gift

Yesterday was my last official day of class at the seminary, and it is hard to believe that 4 years and 85 credit hours have come and gone! This is not the only reason that yesterday was so amazing...yesterday, I received and unexpected gift!

As I sat in my final class of my seminary career, I was speaking with a friend about raising support for mission work in Prague. As I did, a lady put a bit of paper in my hand and say...put this in your pocket! So, I put it in my pocket and finished my class. As I walked to the library after class to tutor a student, I remembered the bit of paper and wondered what it was. I reached in my pocket and opened it. As I didd, I realized that it was a check for a significant amount of money for support! I was so overwhelmed by this that I had to sit down and collect myself. I cried and praised God all at once. You see...less than two weeks ago, God had given me the promise of Philippians 4:19...And my God will supply all YOUR needs through HIS riches in Christ! God had just bestowed a magnanimous gift on me from His rich storehouse...He used this blessed lady to bless people many thousands of miles away! How great is our God!

I cannot thank all my supporters enough...every gift is a true blessing! I praise God for them all and write about this one to show the extent to which God provides.

Jehovah Jirah, I thank you for all of the people you have used to bless me and ultimately bless the people of CISP and Prague! Heelp me to show that gratitude and share the blessing of your provision with all I meet today and always! AMEN!

No comments: